Gay Pride 2020






Well this is the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots where drag queens and other gay patrons fought off cops who were harassing them - dragging them off to jail for being in a gay bar and trying to be themselves. Usually I spend the anniversary in the SF Pride parade marching, with friends in a group. Last 2 years it was with Planned Parenthood (and my friend Jill and Pixie). This year of course is different, so my celebration was sprucing up the front of the house for pride. New flag, got the mirror ball going, added some rainbow fairy lights and a new lawn sign designed by the fabulous Darrin Brenner. I told my next door neighbor Sara I was going to make the house Uber Gay, she responded “That’s how we like it!”

Bless Sara and Tim, they took my old flag faded and torn flag and hung it up themselves!



Those are some good neighbors!

Comments