Burial and Memorial Details for Mom

Hi Folks,

It's been a busy couple of days here, as you can imagine. However, I wanted to put up the information on the burial service, and the memorial service at the VA the following week. As far as I know right now, I think only Jessica can make it to the memorial. A few people have sent their regrets, which is understandable since we're in Florida and almost everyone is is on the west coast. So I think it might just be Jessica, Dad and I, as Michelle has already returned to Italy. If anyone else is planning on coming, let me know and I can help with accomodations, etc.

So Mom will be buried on Wed., Sept 8th at 2:00 pm. This is just a simple burial at the National Cemetary in Lake Worth. Dad has picked out a very lovely epitaph, and we will be placing some of the flowers we have recieved on her coffin. Glenn sent a lovely wreath, which we will bring and place for him.

The memorial date still has to be fixed. I was thinking of Monday the 20th, but if the chapel and the Luteran minister is available, we may try for Saturday the 18th, as that is easier for Jessica to get the day off at her school, and to make the trip up and back from Miami. However I have a meeting on Thursday the 9th with the chaplain at the VA, and I can check on the availability of the chapel and his time.

If anyone wants to send flowers, we have had a couple of flowers sent from local florists, so I thought I'd post their cards below, just in case. Our address here for delivery is:

Charles Powell
1920 B Spanish Trail
Delray Beach, FL
33483

also I will check with the chaplain to see if they can be delivered at the chapel the day of the service, but that might be trickey timing wise. Mom was always a big fan of roses, so I am thinking of placing some roses on her coffin, and also having some for the memorial myself.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words and notes, thoughts and support during this time. I have shared each email and poem sent, and they have touched us all greatly, especially Dad.


Comments