A Moment of Humor (Or How Dad found Religion...sorta...)

So as Dad and I have been going to the VA this week to visit Mom, the parking has always been tight. The VA in West Palm Beach seems to serve a vast number of people, and it's always packed during the day, especially the morning.

As parking has been tight, I told Dad the story of Gladys the Parking Goddess.

When I was living in San Francisco, my friend Robin and I would often pray to Gladys the Parking Goddess, as parking in SF is also very tight. The prayer goes something like this:

Gladys, Gladys, full of grace
Help us find a parking space!

So, much to my entertainment, Dad writes this down on a note pad he keeps on the dash board of the cadillac. :0)

He initially spelled Gladys as "Gladdis". I said, "oh, no, better get that right. Otherwise you're going to be parking a couple of miles away." We both had a good laugh. But, sure enough, we find the MOST prime parking space right in front of the main doors.

This morning as we approach the VA Dad says to me "When should I start to call on Gladys?" Then he said, "Here, let me pin on the VA ID, then she'll know I'm a verteran...." We both had another good laugh at that.

Sure enough, just as we approach the top of the parking just after yelling "Gladys!" we find yet another prime parking space.
Dad says, "Well, that's it! I'm a believer! I'm a convert!"

So when we got to the hospital room I told Mom that Dad had finally found religion.... ;0)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well I'll be! I'll have to try that one too, then I'll send her back to you.