Talked to Mom this morning

So I talked to Mom and Dad this morning. Mom is doing much better. She is still on the IV, and she has not started solid food, but her heart did make it through the night. Dad is going to call me again tonight at 6:00 pm west coast time to give me an update. I was able to convince Dad to use their cell phone to call me from the hospital this morning to give me the update, and it was really re-assuring to be able to still talk to Mom. Dad was hesitant at first to try and use the cell phone from the hospital (new-fangled technology) but I think he was quite enamored of being able to call long distance from her room.

I am hoping she will be able to pull back from the edge now that she's in the VA. If she can get her strength back, and she can start back on solid foods, then she has more of a fighting chance. As it is now, especially with the strain that has happened to her one kidney, they are less inclined to give her chemo. Also, before they did that, they would have to evaluate her strength. So, hopefully she can start back on solid food again soon, and get off the pain meds. That's her best chance to get her strength back now.

I'll try to keep this posted here as I know more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mister Bob said…
Michelle, I am very sorry you feel you haven't gotten the respect you deserve. I have been emailing you for the last several days, and haven't heard anything back, so I thought perhaps I had offended you in some way, but I wasn't sure how. I believe Dad is in agreement with you about using fresh fruits and vegitables, and he was just at a chinese market this morning looking for items he can juice for mom when she gets home.
We looked into the essiac, but we have been giving mom so many different suppliments that seem to be fighting cancer, and she hasn't been able to even consume those. She is in the hospital now because she hasn't even had enough water, so I don't think she would have consumed enough essaic to make a difference.
As for the radiation, it was everyone's decision, including Mom's to do that. We were not told about this potential side effect, and didn't expect it.
I am not sure if this addresses your issue of respect, but I am trying. - Bob
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.